Pro Bono Attorneys increase representation for adults and children in deportation proceedings, while also gaining invaluable professional experience. They are key in helping us address the lack of legal representation, since there is no public defender system in immigration proceedings.
Pro Bono Attorneys provide free legal representation to our clients who would otherwise be forced to represent themselves.
- Represent detained immigrants in removal proceedings before
- An Immigration Judge
- The Board of Immigration Appeals
- Circuit Courts of Appeal
- Juvenile Court
- Federal District Courts
- Cases Range in Subject Matter
- Cancellation of removal for legal permanent residents
- Citizenship claims
- Adjustment of status for refugees
- Asylum or other fear-based claims (political, domestic violence/gender based violence, etc.)
- Acquiring Special Immigrant Juvenile Status for abused, abandoned, or neglected children
The Florence Project Pro Bono Program provides top notch training and mentorship to all pro bono attorneys.
Are you an attorney?
You can make a difference by representing detained immigrants in removal proceedings in connection with our Florence, Eloy, and Children’s Programs. Please visit the pro bono page in our resources section.